Random Acts Of Kindness





 
RANDOM ACTS OF KINDNESS



 
Written by Trevor Montgomery


Have you ever already received service for something or rang up some merchandise only to find out you didn't have enough cash or even any money at all?
 
Talk about embarrassing.
 
Earlier today I stopped in at Great Clips in the city of Hemet's Page Plaza, located at the corner of Sanderson and Stetson. I was on my way to do an on-camera interview with multi-platinum award winning artist and singer Ronnie Hudson, who has hit songs such as California Love and West Coast Pop Lock, and his songs have been featured in movies like The Social Network, Iron Man 2 and Valentine's Day. I was already running late due to not being able to break away from my "real" job on time and I didn't have any time to spare. Eddie George and I were interviewing Ronnie because he is scheduled to perform at the Hemet Theater in January and was in town to check out our amazing and historic local venue.

After I had already received my haircut I went to the counter to pay, only to realize I did not have enough cash on me. Feeling very embarrassed at not having enough for a decent tip let alone the actual bill, I asked if I could leave what I had and return with the money after my interview with Mr. Hudson. Before my stylist could answer, a gentleman who was waiting for haircuts with his three young boys stepped up immediately and offered to pay my bill for me. This man had no idea who I was (((although I did get recognized from my reporting for Hemet News today! SMALL TOWN FAMOUS! WOOP WOOP! LOL))) but he was more than happy to pay my bill without question and with a smile. I thanked him and went to leave the store when I thought about a way I could pay it forward.

I asked the man his name, which he told me was Brian. I shook Brian's hand, thanked him again and left the location. Later, after my interview with Ronnie, I looked Brian up on Facebook. It is funny and kinda scary how easy it is to find people nowadays. Regardless, I found Brian's profile on Facebook and saw he was the owner of the 76 station located inside the very same Plaza. I thought what a nice way to return Brian's favor if everyone who felt so inclined were to go in and support his business and either buy some gas or a cold drink from him or buy something from the new El Pelon Taco Shop located at his 76 station.

Thanks again Brian. My wife Robin loves my new haircut!


Contact the writer: trevor.hemeteyenews@gmail.com


Comments

Post a Comment